This article is intended to give a general overview of the updated VisuWell video session and available features.
When you first check into a session you will arrive at our new Pre-session Lobby. This page will prompt you to allow your camera and microphone in the browser. This enables you to see your own camera feed and test your microphone before entering the session.
- When you reach the lobby for the first time, you will be prompted to allow access to your camera and microphone as seen below.
- The self-facing video feed in the middle of the screen allows you to test your camera from this page.
- You can test your microphone by talking into it. The sound will be reflected by the green bar under the “Microphone Input” box, which will move as your microphone detects sound.
- Make sure that the correct device is selected and that your microphone isn’t muted in the browser or on your physical device.
The features listed on this left hand menu are accessible from this page, before you join the session. These same features are available from the live video session as well.
Click on each feature below to open a separate article with a more detailed overview. The features on the lobby page include:
- Main Menu - This tab allows you to navigate Home, to your Notifications, or to logout of your account.
- Invite - This tab allows provider or admin user types to invite someone who may not have a patient account to the session with a direct link, Text/SMS, or Email.
- Attendees - This tab shows a list of all attendees invited to the session and whether they are active in the session or not. You can mute, disconnect or pin attendees from this tab. This tab also contains session details for support purposes.
- Chat - This tab allows you to chat with everyone who is active in the session from the You can use the chat function on the Pre-session Lobby or after joining. If Private Chat is enabled for your organization, you can also use this to send direct messages to individual attendees in the session. Patients will not be able to send direct messages to other patients. Click here to learn more about Private Chat.
- Advanced Settings - This tab allows you to change your Camera and Microphone Input and Audio Output. You can test your device's audio from this tab. Advanced settings also allows you to adjust your bandwidth based on the strength of your network.
Live Video Session
Once you click Join Session this will drop you into the live video session with any other active attendees.
- If no one else is active in the session you will see your own video feed.
- You will still have the ability to mute your microphone and camera at the bottom of the page and can also end the session at any time by clicking the red phone icon at the bottom of the page.
- If your video feed is muted it will be replaced with your initials as seen in the screenshot below:
Live Video Session Features
This page has all of the features available on the Pre-session Lobby, with several additions. These additions include:
- Picture in Picture - To activate this feature, hover your mouse in the top left corner of the video feed and click on the picture in picture tab. This will open the video feed in a smaller window over your browser window. This will allow you to view the video feed while using a different application on your computer, such as your EMR. Click here to learn more.
- Screen Share - This allows you to present your screen, or a specific browser tab or window to everyone in the video session. Once you have shared your screen, you can click the same icon to stop sharing at any point.
- Full Screen - This will expand the video session window, to fill your entire screen
- Layout - This will allow you to change the layout in the video session. Every attendee can change their own layout. The layout options include:
- Floating self view (default)
- Everyone in a tile
- SIP (H.323) Dialout (Optional) - If this feature has been enabled for your organization, it can be used to place an internet-based call to SIP devices. This feature is most commonly used to call interpreters, adding them to the video session.