This update is scheduled to be release to production between 7:00 and 9:00 PM EST on 2/9. Please note that these items are a list of bug fixes and enhancements that affect our platform as a whole, and do not include every organizational-specific change.
PTZ Remote Camera Control
- If a pan-tilt-zoom camera is detected, a control pad will appear for the participants to control the camera.
- This requires special pan-tilt-zoom cameras and does not affect other cameras
- Download our PC Application and add our Browser extension to enable this feature. Installation instructions and access to the application and extension can be found in this article - Setting up Computers for Far-End Camera Control with VisuWell
- Click here for instructions on selecting your PTZ Camera in the video session - Selecting a PTZ Camera in a Video Session
Indicators to Show How Many People are in the Lobby
- When a user joins the session, they will now see a red number next to the Attendees icon showing how many people are in the lobby page:
- There is also an audible indicator when someone arrives in the lobby to help alert users when the session is ready to be started.
Sound Alert For Patient When Provider Joins On-Demand Session
- Patients in the waiting room in an on-demand session will now hear a bell sound when the provider claims the session and they are able to join.
- This way, even a patient who is not currently looking at the screen will be alerted that the visit is ready to start.
Removing Option to Notify Patients when Provider Joins Session
- This update will remove the prompt shown to providers when they check into a new session from their VisuWell Portal that asks if they are ready to notify the other session attendees and join the session.
- Patients will no longer receive an automated notification when the provider joins the session from their VisuWell portal.
- Provider’s can still message the patient directly from the session using the “Invite Attendees” tab.
Including Session Date and Time in Cancellation Notification
- If a session is canceled, the notification sent to the patient will now include the date and time of the cancelled session.
- This will allow patients to know exactly which session has been cancelled to avoid confusion.
Re-Sorting Time Zones Listed in Scheduler
- This will change the order the Time Zone options appear in the session scheduler
- The default time zone set for the user’s organization will appear first, followed by all other American time zones listed from East to West, to allow users to find their time zone faster
Adding Sender's Name to Chat Messages
- This update will include the name of the sender above each chat message in the video session.
- This will allow attendees to know who sent a message in a group session with 3 or more attendees.