This article explains changes in a video session seen with our TokBox video solution compared to our Pexip video solution. This video solution uses our same Session UI so there is little change seen by the end user, specifically related to a couple of specific features.
These changes include:
- Launching a session in TokBox will land you on our same Start Session page. Once you click "Start Session" this will popup a message in your browser asking to allow camera and microphone for TokBox's video solution. Click "Allow" to enter the video session.
- When a user logs into a session, if there are no other users present, they will see their own camera feed.
- If a user mutes their video feed this will display the user's initials, instead of a black box.
- When another user joins, their video feed will fill the large screen, and your own video feed will appear in a box on the bottom right.
- Like in our previous video solution, you can tell who is online, and live by the icons on the top right of the video session.
- TokBox has an improved session chat feature located on the bottom right of the session
- Users on mobile devices can access the chat feature directly under the video feed.
- In our TokBox solution, you can no longer disconnect, or mute session participants from your video feed box on the bottom right of the session.
- Our SIP dialout feature is no longer available in this version of our TokBox environment
- All other features are still available from the lefthand menu in the video session.
- Any user can change their own layout in our TokBox environment, including patients and guests, without changing the layout for the other participants in the session.
- Clicking the layout button will automatically change your layout to the next layout in rotation, and will not affect anyone else's layout in the session.
- Primary view with small self-view feed on bottom right
- Focus primary speaker with user camera feeds in tiles
- Primary view with no self-view camera feed in bottom right:
- Primary feed and self-view camera feed side by side.
Please sign in to leave a comment.