If you're turning this on for the first time, you should contact customer support to ensure your portal is configured properly for the expected results.
NOTE: Billing has to be configured by a VisuWell account manager before it is accessible. If you have any issues signing up with Stripe or connecting your existing Stripe account, reach out to support to have them configure your account for connecting to Stripe.
If you do not see the Sign Up With Stripe button when you follow these directions, you may need to contact your account representative to add this feature.
VisuWell allows for two options for where to send patient session payments:
1. All money goes to your organization
2. All money goes to the individual provider who held the session
Billing can be turned on for a single sub-organization without being on for others.
To connect your Stripe account to your portal please follow these instructions. Note that this has to be done for each sub-organization separately.
- Go to your organization by clicking Org Management on the left sidebar
- Click View All to view your organization tile and navigate to the specific sub org if necessary
- Click Billing
- Click Edit Billing Preferences towards the top right
- Check Accept Patient Payments
- Log in to Stripe or Sign Up With Stripe
- Once you've completed signup or finished logging in, you'll be redirected back to your portal.
- Be sure to check the email address associated with the Stripe account in case any confirmation is required by Stripe.
- We recommend running some small transactions to test and get familiar with how charges will show up to patients