The first time this is utilized, an account administrator will need to follow the instructions in the Public-Facing Calendar guide to have the calendar set up. There are other entry points available for a patient or facility to access the on-demand waiting room, but this article will deal with a patient self-signup model.
Placing a patient in the waiting room:
- Go to your public-facing calendar
- Click Meet Now towards the top of the page
- Enter the patient information
- Complete the setup guide information your organization requires
- Upon entering the setup guide the patient will already be visible to providers looking to claim sessions. They will be able to claim a session even before the patient finishes the setup guide, eliminating any wait time for the patient
There are two ways of a session being claimed and started:
- By an administrator assigning the session to a provider or claiming it
- By a provider claiming it
- As an admin, navigate to Sessions List
- Click On-Demand Requests and you will see all patients in queue with those waiting for the longest at the top
- Information will be immediately visible, like wait time, case information, phone number, state, and more.
- Admin can:
- Assign the session to a provider who is available - The provider will be notified that they have a new session request and they can claim it from their Session List page.
- Claim the session and be taken straight to the video session page - This will automatically pull the patient into the video session page as well
- Decline the session - The system will email them a notification that their request was declined as well as populating a notification in the portal under the bell icon
- As a provider, switch to On-Call on the left side, next to your profile picture
- This will load a new tab on your Session List called On-Demand Requests
- All requests will be listed with those who have waited for the longest at the top
- Next to the Claim button is the Case Information, showing all info collected during the patient intake
- Note that this request will show up in the queue as soon as the patient begins the intake process, so you may not see much in the case info at first
- You can refresh the page to see updated case info as they complete more of it
- Clicking Claim will take you to the video session page and pull the patient in as well
- Click Start Session and the patient will be able to see and hear you. The patient needs to click Start Session on their side as well, which will look exactly the same as it does on the provider side
Please sign in to leave a comment.