- Make sure that the browser you are using is up to date. Usually your browser will automatically update, but sometimes, if your settings have been changed, you will be required to initiate the update. Here are steps for updating firefox. Here are the steps for updating chrome.
- Make sure that all other programs that could be accessing your microphone or camera on your device are completely shut down. This includes skype, facetime, etc. You can do so by selecting these programs in your dashboard, right-clicking and selecting quit. Or you can open the program, and on the top left of the screen go to File then Quit.
- Make sure to check that you are sharing the correct camera and microphone and that you have allowed them.
On Chrome, you will click on the video camera icon to the right of your URL bar. This will pull up a gray box. Make sure the correct camera and microphone are selected. Also, make sure that you allow or continue allowing Visuwell.com to access your camera and microphone. Once you have selected the correct options, press Done. At this point, you should refresh the browser window and then press Start Session once again.
On Firefox the process is similar. To the left of your URL bar there should be a video camera icon. Click this icon if it is there and press Stop Sharing. Once you have done this or if the icon is not there, press End Session and refresh the page. Press start session again and the box requiring you to share your camera and microphone will appear. Make the correct selections and then click Share Selected Devices. This will immediately initialize the camera and microphone if they weren’t already being shared.
- Have all participants on the video call refresh the browser page and then press Start Session again.
- Each participant should clear their browser history. Then each person should refresh the window and start the session again.
- Switch Browsers. Participants can also try logging in and checking in for a session in a different browser than the one they are currently using. For instance, if you are in Firefox, switch to Chrome.
- Make sure to be in a quiet well-lit room, wear solid colors, and use headphones to reduce audio difficulties.