If you and your client are unable to connect in a video session, please follow these steps:
- Verify DL/UL internet speeds are >4 on speedtest.net
- Verify you are using the Chrome or Firefox web browser
- Restart the session by refreshing the page or closing the window and then navigating back to the login page to log in and check back into the session.
- Check that the version of the browser is up-to-date
- Clear your browser history (include cookies/cache)
- Fully quit the browser application and then reopen it
- If you are still experiencing issues, try starting the session in a different browser (ie. if you were using Firefox, switch to Chrome or vice versa)
A firewall can block various aspects of the session, such as the audio and/or the video. If your audio or video isn’t working consistently, this could indicate a firewall issue. If you or your client are unable to connect due to firewall issues, please follow these steps.
- To make a Firewall exception, please contact your internet provider (or whoever supplied your network router) and make sure port 80 and port 443 are open (If you own the router, this may require you to login to the router to open the ports - you should be able to figure out how to do this via the router website or manual)
- Also, in the network’s firewall configuration, make sure the exception for the URL opentok.com is made in the router's firewall. You should be able to log in as your router’s admin and make this exception or contact whoever supplied the router to make these changes.