This article explains the difference between a Guest and a Patient. It explains How to Add a Guest and How to Create a New Patient Account through the "Add another Guest" function when scheduling a session.
The "Add another guest" feature is most commonly used when an organization doesn't need their patients to have a patient portal, or to include family members, specialists or other external parties when scheduling a video session.
What is a Guest?
Guests do not have accounts in the Visuwell platform.
- This could be used for patients or anyone else you need to join a session.
- This is designed as a quick way to schedule a session with an external visitor, without having to set them up with an account.
- Guests will not need to log in to join the session, they can simply join through the session invite link they receive via text or email.
- Guests can be invited by email, text message or both.
- There is an option to add a guest to a session and create an account for them, if they don't have one already.
What is the difference between a "Guest" and a "Patient in Visuwell?"
Patients do have accounts in the Visuwell platform.
- They create a password and have a portal to login to.
- They can be searched for and selected when scheduling a session.
- To schedule a patient, simply type their name into the search bar under "Add Patients" in the session scheduler and select the patient.
How to add a guest
The "Add another guest" option can be accessed through the session scheduler anywhere the scheduler appears in the platform.
To add a guest:
- Navigate to the schedule or session list and click "Schedule" and then "Session"
- Under the Patient Search Bar click "Add another guest"
- Fill out the Name, Email and an optional phone number for the session guest
- Select "No" under "Add a new patient account"
- (This can be defaulted to "Yes" or "No" based on your organization's preferences)
- Click "Add" to add the guest to the session
- Add a provider or yourself to the session and finish scheduling.
- When this session is successfully scheduled the guest will receive an email invite to the session
- The user will not have to log in and will not be prompted to create an account in the system.
Create a New Patient Account
This can be done through the "Add another guest" feature if you are scheduling a session with a new patient for the first time,
- Click "Add another guest" in the session scheduler
- Fill out the Name and Email for the new patient
- Make sure "Create a new patient account." is selected
- Select whether or not to bill this new patient.
- Click "Add" To add the guest to the session
- Finish scheduling the session with the new patient added as a guest
- This will create a new account for your guest and they will receive an email prompting them to set a password to access their account.